When fall football season comes to a close, the spirit-filled pageantry of cheering and dancing during games is replaced by the rigors of competition. If you’re a cheer coach hoping to vault your squad into championship contention, there are countless minute details that need to be taken into consideration. At national events, judges meticulously critique every facet of a team’s performance—including the uniformity of a squad’s appearance. To put your best foot forward, it’s vital for you and your team to look the part.
One way to differentiate yourself from the field is to add a pinch of glitter to your squad’s matching makeup kits. Read on to discover the benefits of using glitter to accent your current cosmetic routine as well as how to apply loose glitter eyeshadow.
Why You Should Wear Glitter
There are a multitude of ways in which glitter can enhance the flare of your squad’s performance and ease the overall preparation process. Perhaps the most obvious improvement glitter can provide is in a dancer’s appearance. By experimenting with bold combinations of eyeshadow and glitter, you can make dark, smoky eyes sparkle and pop. You can choose from either matte or glitter shadows to achieve your desired effect.
Another clear benefit of BA Star’s ultra-fine glitter makeup is that its tiny granules are ideal for adhering to the smaller eyelids of junior and mini performers. It can be difficult for a makeup artist, mom or teacher to keep a young dancer from fidgeting and rubbing off her glitter in the process. Thankfully, our glitter makeup was thoughtfully designed with this in mind and will cling closely to a performer’s skin throughout the duration of a routine.
When performing intricate choreography with a ramped up level of intensity, it’s vital that your makeup won’t run or smear when exposed to sweat. No matter how rigorous the routine, our glitter makeup is resistant to the unsightly effects of perspiration and will keep you looking fresh for the scorer’s table.
Glitter is a safe, polyester material which can be gently applied to the skin without fear of irritation. Even dancers and cheerleaders with sensitive skin can add a gleaming dash of glitter—it’s non-reactive, gluten free and won’t lead to pesky, inflammatory breakouts. BA Star’s ultra-fine glitter makeup is made up of safe, shiny granules that won’t hurt your eyes if it’s errantly applied. We’ve designed our glitter so it can be quickly applied moments before a performance, and our guide to applying BA Star’s ultra-fine glitter makeup can be found below.
How to Apply Cheer & Dance Glitter Makeup
In order to achieve quick results with BA Star’s glitter, we’ve condensed our recommended makeup application process to three simple steps.
- Start With a Glitter Glue Base: Thoroughly cover the surface of the eye lid with a Glitter Glue Base. The included wand will allow you to achieve a thick, even coating of this liquid adhesive. Our Glitter Glue ensures that glitter will remain on the skin throughout the duration of the competition.
- Apply the Glitter: Add glitter with an eye shadow oval tip brush. Dip the brush into the glitter and then apply directly over the glue with a patting motion. Make sure to get enough on your brush for good coverage and reapply as you see fit. TIP: Glitter does not blend – that is why it is important to layer. (See the Face Chart for Instructions)
- Brush Off: Use a Blush or Powder Brush (the bigger, the better) to gently brush away any glitter that may have fallen off the lid onto the cheek. Remember, the Glitter will only stay where you apply a base (glue, lip pencil or shadow palette). Glitter will not stick to or stain uniforms or costumes – so don’t be afraid to brush that glitter away!
Try applying So Sassy Eye Duo Palette alongside our Holo Silver Glitter Eye Makeup to achieve a beautiful, steel color. You can see an example of this show-stopping look on our dance and cheer models or by checking out our step-by-step face chart below.
Don’t be afraid to experiment! By adding glitter to your lips as well as your eyes, you can double the sparkle and visual impact of your cosmetics.
2 Easy Steps for Perfect Glitter Lips:
- Draw on Lip Pencil: Start from the outside of the lip and draw inward.
- Pat on Glitter: Start on the inside and move outward towards the edge of your lips.
TIPS: Adding a little glitter to a lipstick will make the lipstick more vibrant. It dries down the lipstick so that you can change costumes without fear of leaving a lipstick stain. Best of all, glitter not only adds sparkle but keeps the lipstick on after snack time between performances or awards.
NOTE: Do not use lip gloss as this will make your lipstick run.
If you’re looking to gain pizazz and a few trophies this year, ensure that your squad or studio has a winning appearance by wearing cheerleading competition makeup from BA Star. In our inventory, you’ll find a variety of gleaming glitters to choose from. Submit a free sample request to begin experimenting with different looks today!